Read Smart leadership is closely monitoring information regarding coronavirus.
As reported on March 15th, there have been 8 confirmed cases in Oklahoma and 3 in Tulsa County.
The risk at this moment is minimal, yet it’s important that we use wisdom and implement precautions.
What’s Read Smart Doing?
We are remaining calm, steady and proactive in our response. We know that kids need consistency, stability and safety. When you walk through the doors at Read Smart this is what your child will
No matter what is happening, it is our mission to help your child catch up, keep up and get ahead with their reading skills.
- Communication is key! We will always be transparent and in full communication with you.
- We will have all children and teachers wash their hands before and after each session.
- We are going beyond our normal cleaning routine by daily/hourly disinfecting frequently
touched surfaces. For example: tables, doorknobs, light switches, handles, desks, toilets,
faucets, and sinks.
- We are continuously monitoring this very fluid situation. We have developed plans to adjust the
operations of Read Smart if necessary.
What You Can Do
- How can I best protect myself and members of the general community?
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- If you have a cough, fever, or other symptoms, call your regular doctor first. Do not go to the emergency room if your situation is not life-threatening.